Sunday, August 28, 2011

I Can't Believe Fall Is Almost Here...The Count Down to Christmas Begins!

Here we are coming to the end of August, can you believe it? Fall is almost upon us...and with that Christmas is around the corner with a trip to Utah, the count down begins. I can't believe we have now lived in Oklahoma for four months (well technically the kids and I have been back in Utah sporadically totaling one whole month of those four, so I suppose we have been physically in Oklahoma for three months). Crazy.

It is interesting this town is about fifty percent Hispanic. We have felt like we have been emersed in Spanish culture. It has been a good experience, there are some excellent little Mexican food joints here and there. One thing that we see all the time are the suped up vehicles that a lot of Hispanics drive. Tommy will see these cars and...HE...LOVES...THEM! Racing stripes, bright colors, low riders, even flames...awesome! If he sees these cars as we are traveling about he freaks out, "Mom, look at that car, that's so cool!"

"It sure is," I respond while I'm thinking, "Oh Heaven help us."

Currently he has fallen in love, thankfully, with a more mild car. This car happens to be at our apartment complex so he gets to google at it everyday. As we drove by it last week he said, "Mom, that car is even cooler than Grandpa's car." I beg to differ...however, Dad, here is your competition, an old, dented, blue Camaro, I know you want one, forget that sweet Mustang.




Maddie is growing up more and more. Lately she likes to jabber and jabber and jabber. (I think she learned this from her cousin Gavin). We have complete conversations together, I'm just not really sure what they are about. I took this video the other day, I actually had to sneak it, because whenever she sees the camera she just wants to see pictures rather than actually perform for me. So the quality and angle, not great, but this is what it is like most mornings. She has lots to say.







Brayten is doing well. Their project is beginning to slow down for a few months so we are hoping that we will see him a little more often. At the same time we are a bit anxious and unsure if his company will move us anytime soon. They may choose to move us at anytime. It could be right away. It could be around December. Or it could be at the end of this project which would probably be next August. So we'll see what happens.


In the meantime though he is keeping himself busy and even doing a bit of missionary work. He might be keeping himself too busy though...he is losing his hair. The other day he decided enough was enough and took out the razor.


As for me, I am doing well. Keeping busy. I have found as long as I am so busy that I don't have too many spare moments it is better for me. The other day I was driving home from dropping Tommy off at school and a bit of home sickness snuck up on me. Ugh. I'm a baby. I think it has been a month, one single month, since the last time I was with my family and friends in Utah and already I have these pangs in my heart. So I have learned stay busy, busy, busy, and think about home relatively sparingly. Oh and start the count down to Christmas, I already can't wait. I love you guys and miss you...try not to make me cry this week. Have a good one!


1 comment:

megwild said...

Well, we sure did miss Tommy at our birthday sleepover last weekend!!! We miss all of you a TON and can't wait for the holidays...unless you decide to come up before then. And Russ is trying to convince me that he needs to take the opportunity for a white-tail hunt while Brayten is in OK...so if he gets his way, Me and two kids will be seeing you sooner than that.