Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back To School

Well the biggest change this week was Tommy adventuring back to school. I had debated whether to put him in school at all or just home school him, he is still in Pre-K. Ultimately I decided to send him considering the abundance of fun things to do in Guymon. School is helping combat his boredom. One problem, instead of two days a week for two hours like preschool is in Utah it is Every. Single. Day. For. Three. Hours. A. Day.



Before I had kids I always smirked a bit to myself when I saw those "crazy" women blubbering because their babies have headed back to school. I just want to know why it is that every single thing I have ever made fun of in my life I end up doing, why? I sat in my car, with my big, bug eye sun glasses on, and cried like a baby. Maddie was in the back seat, crying too, she didn't like dropping him off either.



Yeah, I'm pretty sure I leave a chunk of my heart at his school each day when I drop him off.



He is attending Northridge Christian School. It is one of the two preschool options in Guymon. He started school last Wednesday and so far he can quote Genesis 1: 1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth." FYI, I have it memorized too now, I get to hear it everyday, multiple times a day. I think Tommy wants to hammer it in my head just to make sure I don't forget it. Funny though Genesis 1:1 was quoted in church today, weird I know, when was the last time you heard that scripture in church, not very often. Anyway, he got all excited, "Mom, mom, I know that scripture!"



Tommy is a good kid and I can't believe how much he grows up every single day! On our way to school last Friday we passed a snow cone shack, which really are like our little oasis in the midst of the desert, and Tommy completely dismayed said, "Mom, we forgot to get snow cones last night!"



"Yeah we did buddy, maybe another day."



"I know Mom! You should make a list and then we won't forget," he matter of factly stated.



Hmmm, good idea, I think this kid knows me quite well.










This week the temperature actually dipped into the nineties, so of course we hit the park. I just keep hoping that pretty soon being outside won't feel like stepping into a sauna fully clothed. Just thinking about going outside I start to sweat.



















We also spent some quality time on the trampoline. Tommy has now figured out how to do a front flip, I suppose he just wants to be like his cousins, so thanks for that one Logan and Cole. I have a slight cringe every time he tries a new trick, isn't he too young for this? Anyway, I just hope next week I don't have pictures of him getting his first cast.






I want to give a shout out to all of my nephews and neices heading back to school this week (unfortunately, I mean fortunately, for you Kaden and Karson you have already been enjoying the delights of a wholesome education for quite some time) but to the rest of you, good luck, work hard, get good grades, read, read, and read some more. I love you guys!

No comments: