Saturday, January 23, 2010

Whining...

I frequently find myself frustrated by the continual monotony of life as a mom. I seem to get up each day and as fast as I can I am preparing breakfast, washing dishes, picking up toys, straightening the house, cleaning, laundry, cooking lunch, washing dishes, picking up more toys, more laundry, more cleaning, making dinner, washing dishes, and then the evening routine begins for putting the kidos to bed. I then breathe for a moment, get ready for bed, and collapse into a deep slumber until one or both of my kids wakes me up in the middle of the night.

Tommy frequently says to me, "You're doing dishes again?" like he is totally dismayed at my fate. Dishes, dishes, dishes...

I sometimes find that I enjoy whining about my frustrations rather than counting all of my blessings. Of late I have found a new way of thinking that makes me smile as I am washing another dish, preparing another meal, attempting to tackle the endless supply of laundry, or even dealing with a mischevious three year old while holding a crying infant. Hey at least I have food to prepare, I have dishes to wash, my kids have toys to play with (and they play with them all over the whole entire house), I have clothes that keep me warm but unfortunately get dirty too quickly, I have a sweet family that fills my life with more joy than I had thought was possible. Life is good and I am incredibly blessed.

1 comment:

megwild said...

I hear you! Thank heaven for the blessings.